We are excited to be kicking off The Facialist Series by speaking with our Hamilton Spa manager Faye. After working in the beauty industry for 10 years, Faye has a wealth of information to share with us.
1) How long have you been working in the beauty industry?
2) What do you love about beauty?
I love making people feel amazing and help with their wellbeing. I love reaching a goal with a guest on their skin. It also brought me to the other side of the world and I could not be more grateful.
3) What is a common misconception about skin and facials?
A common misconception is that 1 treatment will solve ALL concerns. Here as forme we work together on a course of treatments and homecare until we reach the desired result.
4) What do you love about facials?
I love seeing the difference in a skin within an hour and LOVE making guest feel dreamy.
5) What is the most important thing you can do for your skin?
Do not over strip. You do not want to use any product that makes the skin feels tight. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
6) What would you tell your 21 year old self about skin care?
Start using an eye cream now!!! Drink plenty of water. Take your makeup off every night!
Faye’s favourite eye cream is the
7) What is your daily skin ritual?
I start with the ‘Bestow Cleansing Ritual’: in the morning, taking 3 deep breathes whilst soaking your skin with a warm muslin cloth. It hydrates my stratum corneum ready to hold that moisture in. I think about things I am grateful for and tell myself I will have an amazing day! Plump Start follows and then sometimes Crucial Moisture if I need a little extra moisture. In the evening I cleanse with Ultra cleanse from Synergie. Cleans my skin perfectly without leaving it feeling tight. Vitamin A serum then our sleepwear! I love the sleepwear! The smell, the feel, the active ingredients just make my skin glow.
8) What is your favourite product?
Plump Start – The radiance it gives you sets you up for the day.
9) What is your favourite facial treatment at Forme and why?
Favourite treatment would be our Radiance Rescue using the the peel to the Firm and Lift with the tight Flaxx C mask it instantly firms and boosts the skin.
10) What are 3 benefits of adding facial treatments to your regime?
1. It’s the icing on top of the cake!
2. Using more active ingredients
3. My wellbeing and boosts my home regime.