Transform the underrated cruciferous into something irresistible with Eleanor Ozich’s Roasted Cauliflower recipe…
This dish is a magical transformation of boring old cauliflower, into something quite irresistible. Roasting the vegetable brings out its natural sweetness, while the caper, mustard and herb dressing creates a complex balance of harmonious flavours. It’s a simple recipe, but one you’ll find, that suits many occasions.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH CAPER HERB DRESSING
Serves 2 as a light meal or 4 as a side
½ head cauliflower
2 red capsicums
Extra virgin olive oil
Caper Herb Dressing
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp natural yoghurt
1 Tbsp finely chopped mint
1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 tsp honey or maple
¼ cup capers, roughly chopped
1 spring onion, finely sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Chop the cauliflower into small equal-sized florets, and cut the capsicum into 1cm thick slices. Place in a bowl, drizzle in extra virgin olive oil, and toss until lightly coated.
3. Transfer the vegetables to the prepared tray, and season with sea salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned on the edges.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly while you make the dressing.
5. Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients, season to taste, and then toss with the roasted vegetables.