Can you really get rid of wrinkles? Is this going to be the magic recipe you’ve been looking for?
I’m sure if you are reading this you know what they look like!!… but firstly lets look at what a wrinkle is.. and why we get them.
Your skin is made up of 3 layers.
The Epidermis: This is the top layer which contains dryer dying skin that sheds off. Then we have The Dermis: Now this is the layer we need to be interested in as it has all the important components for a smooth wrinkle free skin!
- Collagen: This is what plumps out the skin to give fullness
- Elastin: This gives the skin its tautness and spring to prevent sagging
- Glycosaminoglycans (GAGS)these proteins give the skin turgor by holding moisture to create a hydration type of swelling.
If any of these three components are not at their optimum this will cause wrinkles and premature aging.
So the recipe for a smooth skin?
What you need to focus on is looking after the special three above.
For Collagen and Elastin stimulation there are many things you can do:
- Facials designed to stimulate the production by increasing the activity in this Dermal layer. These can also include Peels, Microdermabrasion, IPL Skin Rejuve and ELOS skin tightening to name a few!
- Massage either during a facial or at home when applying products: this will increase the blood flow and stimulate new cells
- Lumiere Light Therapy: tricks the skin into thinking its been damaged so produces more Collagen, Elastin and GAGS
For GAG Stimulation:
- Using products with Peptides in. These proteins support the GAG production.
- Look for Hyaluronic Acid in products. This is an ingredient that holds 1000X its own weight in moisture and also supports the GAG production.
- Lumiere Light Therapy
- Lactic Peels
- Specialised Facials designed by your therapist
We have “natural” aging and “premature” aging.. whats the difference?
As I said above premature aging is caused by skin damage. This can be anything from Sun damage, Wind damage, Dehydration, Medication, Smoking and Incorrect skincare etc. Ensuring prevention is vital! SPF SPF SPF!!
Natural aging can occur from movements like smiling/squinting: causing creases in the skin. Also the slowing down of skin production creating less skin cells causing “older” dull skin.
These “creases” in the skin are what we all know as crows feet and smile lines.
So if you have been good to your akin and have these “happy Lines” then you may need to look into Botox/Fillers.
Botox Temporarily paralyzes the muscles so you have minimal movement so less creasing is made. This doesn’t have to have the frozen look. This can be very natural looking and very effective. Botox again is excellent as a prevention if you have just started to notice fine creasing but is also great if you are undergoing other treatments to reduce present aging.
Fillers are used to do what they say: ”FILL” in the creases creating a smooth finish. These come in different forms and last different time frames. These should be performed by a certified Doctor/Nurse.