How to make the switch to natural and organic products in beauty, and beyond
If Mother Nature could talk, she would ask us to listen, and to make conscious, considered choices in our consumption. When it comes to conscious living, buying organic is a great place to start. Doing so ensures that the products we buy are made in a way that respects the environment, adheres to the highest standards of animal welfare and contains no artificial additives or preservatives (and fewer pesticides).
September’s arrival marks both the beginning of spring and Organic Awareness Month — a month-long campaign designed to educate us on the benefits that come with making the switch to organic products, as well as how to identify what is truly organic.
Reading between the lines
By definition, Certified Organic products are grown and processed without the use of synthetic chemicals, fertilisers, or genetically modified organisms (GMOs). In Australia, there’s no mandatory regulation around the term ‘organic’ on product labels — shockingly, products with as little as 2% organic ingredients can claim to be organic — meaning there’s a big difference between products that claim to be organic and those which are Certified Organic.
The only way to trust that what you're buying has been rigorously tested, from the farmer’s field right up to the store shelf, is to look for the ACO (Australian Certified Organic) logo when shopping for food, textiles or homewares, or the COSMOS (Cosmetics Organic and Natural Standard) logo — as seen all throughout our most-loved endota Organics™ and endota Organics™ Nurture ranges — when shopping for cosmetic products.
The benefits of organic
Better for your skin
Our skin is our largest organ and will absorb almost everything we apply to it, meaning that what we put on our bodies is equally as important as what we put into our bodies. Formulas free from chemicals are kinder to our skin, cause less irritation and just like with organically-grown food, often have higher nutrient levels.
Better for your health
Our endocrine system (the one responsible for secreting hormones into our bloodstream) is affected by toxins and pollutants found in conventional (read: synthetic) cosmetic products. Endocrine-disrupting chemicals such as sodium lauryl sulphate, phthalates and parabens can wreak havoc on our immune and, in some extreme cases, reproductive systems. Opting for organic means that you’re using ingredients that work in harmony with your body, allowing it to better balance and mend itself — the way nature intended.
Better for the environment
Organic products come from natural sources (whether they be extracted from plants or minerals), so they don’t pollute our waterways when washed down the drain post-use. And because organic agriculture is one that works with nature — its practice cultivates healthier soil ecosystems by farming in a way that regenerates the land.
Better your beauty and body care
Buying organic skincare is a big step towards a cleaner beauty routine and with science-backed formulations, you don’t have to compromise on efficacy or performance to do so. We know this because we have the clinical trials to prove it:
Our best-selling Deep Hydration Face Moisturiser is clinically-proven to increase hydration by 45% when used twice daily over 12 weeks
Our best-selling Intense Moisture Mask is clinically-proven to increase hydration by 32% when used overnight
Our community favourite Deep Hydration Night Cream champions Riboxyl™, which is clinically proven to enhance elasticity and soften fine lines.
For more inspiration on making decisions that are kinder to the earth, read our blog on simple, sustainable swaps you can incorporate in your home.
Explore some of our favourite organic skincare
- Give dry skin a nightly dose of natural nourishment. Enriched with clinically-proven, organically-sourced ingredients, you’ll start the next day with skin that looks visibly younger, fresher and filled with life.$87.30
- You can’t underestimate the power of a good moisturiser. And this all-natural wonder has been clinically proven to boost the hydration in your skin by a glowing 45% when used twice a day over 12 weeks. Make it a part of your daily routine and you’ll be glowing from sunrise ‘til sunset.$76.95
- A deeply-hydrating treatment that can deliver up to 32% more moisture to your skin. You’ll glow with a more youthful, fuller complexion – all delivered by some of nature’s most effectively-enriching wonders.$59.95
- If you’re looking for a natural way to give your skin a more radiant, youthful-looking complexion, call on this vitamin treatment oil. It’s like having a facial on-hand, any time you need a beautiful, natural boost.$52.50
- Soothe itchy, dry and stretched skin with this COSMOS certified organic belly butter. Naturally hydrating and nourishing for pregnant bellies, it’s enriched with shea and cocoa butter and rosehip and argan oils for luxuriously soft and supple skin.Special Price $27.96 Regular Price $34.95
- Soothing, safe and non-toxic, this all-in-one baby shampoo, bath and body wash is the gentle way to cleanse and hydrate their skin with certified organic ingredients like oat, chamomile and lavender.Special Price $27.96 Regular Price $34.95
- Enjoy the sweetest sleep with this calming, lavender-infused sleep mist. Formulated with certified organic ingredients like soothing aloe vera, simply spray your pillow before bed to feel calm and at ease.Special Price $22.40 Regular Price $28